Gobble Gobble
By Dwip November 27, 2003, 10:58 am Comments (5) RSS Feed for this post

I’ve a few other things to say, but they can wait for a while. For the moment, I’ll just wish everyone who reads this a happy Thanksgiving, for those of us what celebrate it.

On another note. I don’t usually approve of our president as a general rule, but I think well of him for this.

But anyway. Happy Thanksgiving.

History and Politics, Oregon Comments (5) RSS Feed for this post
Comments on Gobble Gobble
November 28, 2003 at 8:33 am

Even my grandma, a dyed-in-the-wool liberal who can’t stand a thing about Bush, has admitted he’s done something right.

And happy Thanksgiving to you too. :)

November 28, 2003 at 11:04 am

I’m amused by the liberals’ smear campaign that’s been started after this. Give it a rest, it’s your fault your guy didn’t win the election, not Bush’s.

avatar Comment by toasty #3
November 29, 2003 at 12:42 pm

enjoy the turkey :) (and potatoes and gravy and peas and…whatever else you have at thanksgiving ;))

avatar Comment by Timmeh! #4
November 30, 2003 at 1:47 am

Well, the economy is recovering (they say), so the only thing he has going bad for him is Nam II. Moral is low, low, low over there. It was a smart move for him.

Random modern day RPG game ideas: 1. His plane gets shot down while inbound, as a player in national politics, what happens in the power vacuum between when it happens to when it is announced? 2. Convoy gets caught in random crossfire, he gets captured by a low level terror cell, so low even the moles in the larger cells don’t know his whereabouts. You are the team sent to get him.

I’m done.

November 30, 2003 at 8:18 am

Welcome to the rabbity side of the world, such as it is.

Yeah, it was a smart move. And I even think it was a heartfelt one. Whatever else you might say about Bush, he believes in stuff like that, and it’s maybe the one thing I like about him.

Too, the Democratic sniping at him is to be expected. Some of it even has merit. Some of it is just the Dems being the same godawful party the Dems have been since after Clinton. I just hope the meritorious stuff doesn’t get lost behind the sniping.

And I have to admit the alt-historian in me does sort of wonder about a “Lucky Baathist with SAM downs Air Force One” scenario.

As to Thanksgiving, it was Good. And the turkeys of the world were very displeased but screw ’em. More on this later.