Live From AHA
By Dwip June 2, 2004, 1:53 am Comments (8) RSS Feed for this post

Typing this from school, which is nowhere near exciting as it may sound.

I’ll have more to say later, but let it be known that BF:V does in fact run on the laptop, for 640×480@16 values of run. And lo, there were mad beatdowns by VC, because definitely after having not played for two months, I suck. But by the time I get to Whir’s, I will not suck. And there will be much entertainment derived from this.

Also, let’s hear it for the SVD sniper rifle. And the RPD. It’s almost worth it to be Communist these days.

Computer Games - Battlefield Series, Europe, Trips Comments (8) RSS Feed for this post
Comments on Live From AHA
June 2, 2004 at 9:13 am

Ya, it’s nice that they didn’t make the SVD suck because it doesn’t suck IRL. It’s probably the best blow-back operated sniper rifle in the world, give or take.

Also, I just got BF:V working again and I suck the good suck also. I need to get my server back up so I can beat on Cole some more.

June 2, 2004 at 10:33 am

Yeah! Mass beatdowns of Cole! Woohoo!

*pets Cole*

avatar Comment by Clyos #3
June 2, 2004 at 11:22 am

Hey now, if you beat me down, who on earth will drive the choppers. Too, i’ll need you guys to man the new chopper’s 50 billion guns.

avatar Comment by Rachael #4
June 2, 2004 at 1:51 pm

*sigh* Silly, silly boys.

June 2, 2004 at 1:54 pm

I can drive choppers pretty damn well now.

avatar Comment by Clyos #6
June 3, 2004 at 1:57 am

Maybe you can fly, but can you fly them right? Is your music selection for the current mission up to par? Can you hit anything with the rockets? Last time I played you, these skills did not exist within you.

June 3, 2004 at 5:03 am

Amusement.

Also, being the VC on Irving or whatever the map is with the zillions of helicopters and boats, and the big mountain with artillery is really hard. Especially if you’re like me and can’t actually HIT anything with the SA-7. And in general, being the VC is hard, whereas the NVA is less hard solely because of the SVD and RPD. But.

Also, not having the proper mousing surface gets you shot a lot.

June 3, 2004 at 12:58 pm

Well, I can hit things with rockets occasionally. And I don’t have music turned on for the game, so there’s your answer to that. But don’t worry, I’ll still shoot you down with my M60.