Rockin in the Free World, Part II
By Dwip July 18, 2004, 3:26 pm Comments (7) RSS Feed for this post

So Soak 4 (the band) played in a little tiny bar in Norway last night, except how they went as Manhandler (and to quote the t-shirt, “Marquette’s premier gay band!” Hint: Joke). I was there. And despite their being maybe 8-10 people in the bar at the start, counting the band and the bar staff, it turned out to be cool anyway, as many other people showed up, and I got drunk, and life was good, and then I had a lot of water, and was pretty much undrunk by the time we left the bar. Whereupon, it being 3am or whatever, we went and got food, and that was good too. Tim and the Scotts (Scots? Whatever.) are pretty cool folks. That Levi guy is a dick though. Real bastard. *ducks*

And then we went back and slept a lot, because at that point it was all about sleeping a lot.

In other news, today’s my last day in MI. There will be much gaming and revelry. This will be good.

In still other news, I’m not playing VI, and neither are you, unless maybe you’re Tim, in which case, good luck, and if you’re having troubles, you might want to check this out. The rest of you can go read the Aethelstan story I wrote while playing here, which has been added to in case you read it the previous time I posted it.

And now I think I’ll shoot Whir at BFV.

Computer Games - Total War Series, Europe, Trips Comments (7) RSS Feed for this post
Comments on Rockin in the Free World, Part II
July 18, 2004 at 5:24 pm

Please say at some point you got down to see Marechal. Because I would so love to hear about that meeting. Which you had. Right?

July 18, 2004 at 6:40 pm

Ooh. Yes. Visiting is good.

July 18, 2004 at 6:05 pm

I’d love to tell you how it went, but, uh, well, it didn’t. There are multiple reasons for it, one of which was the minimum 16 hour bus ride down (don’t ask me how, but it is)/$700 plane ticket. The other has to do with our favorite Nappy fanatic having absolutely zero time due to being overworked massively. In fact he owes me a couple emails.

This gives me a great excuse to come out east and see him and you, however. So one of these times.

July 19, 2004 at 4:15 am

And thusly there was much shooting in BFV, though the shooting was about tied due to the massive helicopter rampaging being done.

Levi is a dick. I’m surprised they haven’t fired him yet.

BTW, Jaegermeister will stain white shirts.

avatar Comment by Tim #5
July 19, 2004 at 9:15 am

Eric is good people. Good to meet you, sorry we didn’t get to finish the game with Wenog. He couldn’t be tougher with a +5 Sherman.

We keep Levi because of the challenge.

July 20, 2004 at 1:31 am

[flex]

avatar Comment by Tarl #7
July 22, 2004 at 2:40 am

Dammit. Now I feel left out, being way down here in Aus n all. When are you going to bring your girlfriend and visit a civilised country, Dwip ? :P