Portrait of the Rabbit As A Young Worker
By Dwip February 3, 2006, 8:00 pm Comments (15) RSS Feed for this post

Click me!

Me after a week at work, shown full size for great justice and clarity. Though not enough clarity, because you can’t quite tell that my hair was actually more white than not, being covered in so much sawdust. Also note the faded-looking flannel, which isn’t so much faded as covered in sawdust. Nor can you see my glasses, which are, yes, covered in sawdust. But my hair standing up is accurate. The sanding table has more static electricity than you can possibly imagine.

I sure do look like a fool, closing my eyes like that.

And yes, the part I hate the most about my job is how I breathe dust all day. There’s lots of other parts that sort of suck, but the dust is just terrible.

Country Coach Comments (15) RSS Feed for this post
Comments on Portrait of the Rabbit As A Young Worker
avatar Comment by Simfish #1
February 5, 2006 at 12:14 am

So since the old Tonto forums are back, where are your college posts? Hmm, that would be interesting. I actually just went out on a Friday night for the first time in my life. (though of course, it was with other early entrance program students). I still barely know anyone outside that program…

February 5, 2006 at 12:47 am

I’ll see if I can dig some up for you, though many of them may have been in response to other people in, say, the Life’s Challenges forum, which I guess no longer exists. There is, however, various trivia scattered around the MGR posted by me, and others scattered around in the MGR in reply to Marechal ranting about college.

It’s working a bit off right now, so that’s what you get for the moment.

February 5, 2006 at 7:50 am

Marechal merged Life’s Challenges and Private, remember? It’d all be in the Private archives, unless it was something of Marechal’s that he purged.

February 5, 2006 at 7:50 am

Also, way to go out. :D

February 5, 2006 at 9:50 am

Now that I’m awake and not drunk…

1. DS said in the Tonto Legacy thread that he couldn’t and didn’t import the private forums. So we’re all totally SOL there. Which is tragic.

2. What she said about going out. Yay! Too, would it help to know that for my first year or so, all my friends were from one little group I met in the dorms?

avatar Comment by simfish #6
February 5, 2006 at 11:15 am

Ah, that sucks about those forums. =/ Of course, there’s a faint scatter of hope that they’ll be found later, but anyhow I guess, the MGR might have some things. Oh, and is Marechal reading this? He seems to be visiting the blog occasionally? ;)

As for going out, it was with two early entrance students, and we went out to dinner, and then to watch a movie. I was reluctant to go to the movie but tagged along to appease them. But to be honest, I didn’t really like it. I dunno about whether I want to go out again or not – but at least the philosophical discussions at the restaurant were very nice. Relativism versus utilitarianism – though this means I’m the relativist playing the devil’s advocate against the utilitarian.

Nonetheless, my social life has actually somewhat expanded… I’m still debating whether I want it so or not.

February 5, 2006 at 11:25 pm

Wait till you start drinking.

avatar Comment by simfish #8
February 7, 2006 at 3:05 pm

i’ll probably drop out first, due to my ultra-low grades. im miserably bored and frustrated with mehself, and i’m addicted to looking at world war ii generals it’s so getting irritating. dude, no one cares about the last moments of hess or whatever goddamit i cant concentrate on math/science and the history classes are filled with bs

avatar Comment by simfish #9
February 7, 2006 at 3:08 pm

and wow, germany almost won the war – what if they had aimed directly for moscow instead of diverting for kiev, what if hitler stopped being such an arrogant bitch.

well, yeah, i probably wouldn’t be born if that happened. nonetheless, it is something tha talmost happened, but history is full of things that almost happened.

geez, when am i ever going to force myself to study math/physics? social science is so much more interesting, and the courses so muchmore suck

me want to drop out, but alas…

avatar Comment by simfish #10
February 7, 2006 at 3:10 pm

yeah, hitler was such a dumbass, but one could say that chamberlain was such a dumbass. of course there was much controversy, but omfg chamberlain even wanted to negotiate over poland. wow, that would have never worked out.

what use is hisotyr 40000 years from now? nothing. it’s all useless trivial stuff. and yet im obsessed with it. sigh. i wanna go into my damn imaginary world only that i cant visualize crap. if that could happen, homelessness would be awesome. one needs failure to realize that success is meaningless. that is the single best thing that came out of my crappy gpa. and now all i want to do is daydream.

avatar Comment by simfish #11
February 7, 2006 at 3:16 pm

and while i did go out, i dont think its ever coming agian. of course i must be open to the fact that i might change. it probably will happen. and im too scared to do what ppl like zhang han and iris chang did so thats not an option. maybe i need a rest. wtf am i doing ranting here? haha one could delete this stuff. how did i come about doing this?

i am too emotionally immature for early entrnace. but will i ever become emotionally mature enough? i was too emotionally immature for high skool either omg. hmm, maybe i need to try some drugs or join a gang hahaha. it’s just as valid as majoring in a pointless physical science. that would be so swell. i might hurt early entrance program reputation, but there have been pplin the past. it is inevitable.

my mom was right. she was reluctant to let me take over 18 credits because she knew mywork ethics would still suck. and they still do. math and science are the most boring things second to watching movies. moo. oh and civ iv demo was also boring i downloaded 5 computer games and got bored because icouldnt shoot ppl from the start. i wanna some excitement

avatar Comment by simfish #12
February 7, 2006 at 3:20 pm

failure is such a good thing. it makes you realize that all of the “successful” people had allthis cultural capital and were so advantaged to begin with. the us is still aristocratic. ppl are so determined by who they were born to. nothing is left to free will. almost nothing. moo. life is pointless, why not just go berserk and land in jail? at least i get food for teh rest of my life lol. what if i flee to sweden and go to jail under social democracy there? interesting!

SOCIAL PENETRATION!!!!!!!!!

avatar Comment by simfish #13
February 7, 2006 at 3:20 pm

success is nothing. it’s just as successful dying honorably by getting so high than getting good gpa omg.

February 7, 2006 at 7:04 pm

I think this is my first ever Multi-Post Simfish Rant, so, uh, another important milestone in blogging reached, or something to that effect.

I’ll have actually commentary somewhat later tonight or tomorrow or something, when I’m coherent, which I’m not currently. Because let me suggest to you that however much school may suck for you now, ten hour standing shifts at a factory job sucks infinitely more.

Infinitely.

February 7, 2006 at 10:33 pm

You won’t have time to comment tomorrow, you’ll be building the Fastest Computer Ever.