Dancing In the Dark
By Dwip March 4, 2007, 12:39 pm Comments (15) RSS Feed for this post

A few ponderances upon the events of yesterday:

– As Sarah was saying to me in the line for Little Shop of Horrors, Soviets make everything funnier. Which is why I have a mix CD here emblazoned with “In Soviet Russia, CD Plays You!”

– Little Shop of Horrors was surprisingly unbad. In spite of my passionate hatred of musicals, which are the spawn of Satan and must be destroyed, I actually unwound enough to enjoy the thing. Ph34r teh plant ones.

(I should now make Sarah watch Day of the Triffids. Except the movie totally sucked, so)

– We watched a lot of Full Metal Panic. Among other observations was this classic when Gauron showed up in his silver AS: “A long ponytail? Isn’t that, like, unaerodynamic or something? Couldn’t you catch it on a tree?”

– “No more J-pop tonight, please!” “What about Cowboy Bebop music?” “Oh, that’s ok. It’s real music.”

– Once again, faithful readers, I was almost killed in traffic. By the usual suspect. Who I proceeded to rant at on the subject for five or so minutes. Were this a perfect world, I would now link you to the YouTube video of this rant, because it was a good rant, or at least good enough to leave Sarah holding on to a fence to keep from falling down laughing. Alas, this is not a perfect world.

– I am surprised that I still possess my coat, given the amount of “Your coat is really fuzzy! And warm!” comments I got. However, I am missing quite a lot of candy. Chocolate, as if that was a real surprise.

– A nod to the weather for being spectacularly awesome, though it was odd to be in shirtsleeves with snow still on the ground. Possibly related to that whole eclipse thing, the sunset last night was really spectacular. I’d haven taken pictures, but this needs to be something other than the “Me taking pictures out my window” blog.

– She’s seen Alsherok. And come away alive. We are no longer safe. Abandon ship. Rabbits and squirrel aliens first.

Movies and Television, Random and Ravings Comments (15) RSS Feed for this post
Comments on Dancing In the Dark
March 4, 2007 at 9:30 pm

His High and Mightiness, The Wedgy, is seeking new converts. Sarah is but the first. Soon he shall seal the fate of this world. Or something. Surely you showed off our great and powerful master?

March 4, 2007 at 11:34 pm

I demand you never speak to the infidel again. I will not forgive such a grievous act as she has committed.

March 4, 2007 at 11:36 pm

Oh, I agree. This whole traffic thing has gotten completely out of hand.

March 5, 2007 at 9:02 am

What did I do this time?

*hides kaitana*

Oh, and you know, if you’re so wise to the ways of traffic, why do you still follow me when I start crossing the street? I mean, one would think you’d have LEARNED by now, right?

I’m still alive after seeing Alsherok, although I might be slightly blinded. That was awfully fast to be scrolling through so much neon text.

March 5, 2007 at 9:04 am

…ok, I do lose for not being able to spell “katana” properly.

March 5, 2007 at 9:18 am

Learning is something for lesser beings. I am perfect.

Besides, if I stopped, what else would I do for humor?

…and that whole katana thing… I dunno. I may NOT be able to speak to you again after such an error. I’ve corrupted you better than that.

March 5, 2007 at 1:39 pm

Says the guy who can’t spell “have.”

avatar Comment by Simfish #8
March 5, 2007 at 1:50 pm

woah, the chat’s gone. I know why though. =P

avatar Comment by Simfish #9
March 5, 2007 at 1:51 pm

And for the first quarter of my undergraduate career, computer games have nuked my GPA. Only in the last two weeks, but the annihilation was total (since assignments cram during those weeks)…

avatar Comment by Simfish #10
March 5, 2007 at 1:53 pm

Forum archives were part of it though. =P

March 5, 2007 at 2:28 pm

Have is an unimportant word. Katana, on the other hand, is vital. As is, going back to older concepts, shuriken. We shall acquaint you properly with Japanese weaponry yet.

…or else Whir will leap out from behind his garage with a wakizashi.

March 5, 2007 at 4:56 pm

Be prepared. I have little faith at this point.

avatar Comment by Weave #13
March 7, 2007 at 2:31 pm

Faith is only a state of mind. You’ll get over it come next brain wave.

avatar Comment by Weave #14