So, one of the things Dad got for Christmas was a 3D printer. And in the process of figuring out what to do with it, it occurred to us that Blender could make the files that this printer needs to print stuff. If only there were somebody around with a copy of Blender and a stash of files to use.
So first we said “Hey, can it do a sword from Oblivion?” Well, sure it can. It’s right up there. That’s sort of neat, but we should think bigger.
So we did.
But there is one the 3D printer fears to print.
In its tongue…
In which I took the static Dovahkiin model I made for a modeling reference ages ago and threw him into the printer. Which, somewhat to our surprise actually worked pretty well. He’s looking pretty ragged there, but that’s because there’s a lot of rafting to cut off.
Keeps the model from sagging and deforming during print, and it’s mostly pretty easy to get off. Mostly. He’s a monstrously high poly model to begin with, I didn’t do any optimization to close some of the gaps to make him more printer-friendly, and so places like under the helmet and under his kilt were pretty hard to clean.
Came out pretty well, I’d say. Next, maybe I try something that I made.
|Computer Games - Elder Scrolls Series, Photoblogging, Tech||Comments (2)|